Sunday 22 January 2012

The introduction post



I’ll start off by saying welcome to my blog. I realize that it is cliché to say but music has always been an important part of my life. Whether it be listening to and finding out about new bands or playing and creating my own music, music has always been a huge passion of mine. In high school I was somewhat of a music snob not wanting to share my favourite music with others as I had some sort of strange idea that they were “my bands”. As I got older I realized how wrong I was and that music is something that is meant to be shared.
My blog will be dedicated to introducing readers to bands that they may or may have not heard before. The bands that I will write about are not necessarily up and coming or new bands but are ones that find themselves stuck in the middle of the two worlds of mainstream and independent music. I am not looking to focus on musicians that I feel will make it big in the next year or two. The musicians I will talk about are not necessarily struggling artists but also are not selling out huge stadiums or selling millions of records.  I want to focus on musicians that offer something different in a music industry that is dominated by computer manufactured music, reality competition stars and songs with little to no substance. Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to music and the artists I will focus on may not be everyone’s choice of music but I believe they are worth at least one listen to.  The title of my blog, Deja Entendu literally means already heard. While it comes from one of my favourite albums I felt it was appropriate as the bands that I am focusing on may be ones that some have already heard before but also because they are artists that I feel stand out in an industry filled with the same thing being repeated over and over again. I hope you enjoy my blog and take the time to listen to some of the artists I focus on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment